AARP Tax Help
Offering free tax help to low-and moderate-income taxpayers, especially those 60 and older. To locate a site near you, visit www.aarp.org/taxaide or call this toll free number: 1-888-227-7669. Cottage Grove Tax Site is located at the Reception Hall in the Community Center at 700 E. Gibbs from 10:30AM - 3:30PM. Walk-in and sign up.
Clients need to bring a picture I.D. and Social Security Number along with the following information to your appointment:
* W-2 forms from each employer
* Umemployment compensation statements
* SSA-1099 form if you were paid Social Security benefits
* All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, etc.) showing interest and/or dividends and documentation showing original purchase price of sold assets
* 1099-MISC showing any miscellaneous income
* 10-99-R form if you received a pension or annuity
* All forms indicating federal income tax paid
* Dependent care provider information (name, employer ID, Social Security number)
* All receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions
* Social Security cards or other official documentation for yourself and all dependents.